Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm thinking .....

My plan is to do Technique a week on Thursday, however this week that is just to close to the wedding day so I'm doing it today. If this technique has an official title I don't know what it is. I call it dusting in the Amelia Bedelia sort of way! It's not removing, but adding just a touch of color around the edges of a project. It can make all the difference in the world. It helps pieces to pop out and gives them definition. Around the edges of a card it can give you the aged or worn look. As you see around the bunny , I dusted the Whisper White with Pretty in Pink, otherwise the different parts of the bunny would not have definition. I also did it around the Happy Easter. This is a very useful and much used technique when stamping. So, get out your sponges or sponge daubers and try it out on your next card. All you do is hold your card stock in your hand and dust the edge with the sponge or dauber with an up and down motion to add a little color to the edge. Easy peasy! Gotta go. Have a very blessed day.

1 comment:

Chasn Paper said...

i call it "inkin", and it does make certain aspects of your project stand out! Good luck with the wedding!