Thursday, September 15, 2016

Back to School


Welcome to the Back to School Fall Stampin Friends Blog Hop! So glad you could join us this week. If you came from Kristeen Gill's blog thank-you for continuing. Isn't she amazing? I am still pinching myself that I am getting to do this every month as a "regular'! But very thankful! We have three very talented bloggers joining us this month as guest hoppers.
If you haven't already visited their blogs be sure to click on the link here to see what awesome projects they have to share.
I still love it when all the stores start filling the shelves with school supplies. My youngest is 26 and has been out of school for some time, fortunately I have grandkids- 2 4th graders and a kinderbaby! He wouldn't like that! I love new notebooks , pencils and pens! Oh, and file folders!!! Be still my heart. Isn't that silly, but it's true! So my non-card project this month is a covered composition notebook! I have really had a good time playing with this idea. It is a work in progress and will continue for a while. I have come a little late to the party for Bullet journaling. I'm hooked. But wanted to do my own creating and use what I already have.
Ta Da! Here is a picture of my new Bullet journal notebook . At least an inexpensive version. I used a 50 cent composition book and covered it with DSP. Here I used Dapper Denim because what says Back to school more than a new pair of jeans? The monogram is so popular I wanted to use it for the front of my Bullet journal. Added a couple of matching enamel shapes to embellish it just a little.The inside is personalized with Washi Tape and stamps. This is definitely an work in process. Did you notice the little tabs sticking out of the top?


These were created with washi tape or DSP over heavy white cardstock and the Project life Paperclip thinlets. Love these! I confess I have had this set for a while and really hadn't used them much. That will be changing!!!The large triangle bookmark is cut from the corner of an envelope and covered in Washi tape!  It can mark one page or a section of pages.

My card project is a set of 3 x 3 cards I call lunch box notes. My grands spend at least one night a week with me, so I get to pack their lunches and backpacks for the next day. I love sticking these little notes in their lunch box or snack pouches almost as much as they love getting them. Cooper who is in Kindergarten is often holding his in his hand when I pick him up. Yes, it makes a grand-mom happy.

That's it for my show and tell today. I really hope you enjoyed these ideas and find something to inspire you to create. Thank you following the Stampin Friends Blog Hop. Head over to Andrea Tracy-Tucker's Blog to see what good stuff she has posted.

Also, don't forget the Mystery Giveaway! You will receive 1 entry into the giveaway for each comment you leave. That's like 15 entries if you visit everyone! Also please use the #SFSepthop. and Good luck!




Blog Roll

  1. Kathie Rotti
  2. Melanie Coverston 
  3. Melissa Thomas
  4. Elizabeth Jeanne
  5. Mandy Reedyk
  6. Barbara Welch
  7. Steph Jandrow
  8. Kristal Bell
  9. Yolanda Nixon
  10. Carolina Evans
  11. Christine Pennington
  12. Leanne Johnson
  13. Kirsteen Gill
  14. Cindy Waldroff- That's me!
  15. Andrea Tracy-Tucker


Some of the products shown are The Perpetual Birthday Calendar Stamp set (137167) Layered Letters Alphabet set (138691), Marquee Messages (141727), Large Letters Framelits(141712), Project Life Paper Clips thinlets (138284) Washi tape(141559,141647), Enamel Shapes (141410), Incolor 2016-2018 DSP stack(141408), Dapper Denim Ruched Ribbon (141424).


25 comments:

denice said...

love it #sfsepthop

Sandy Berghuis said...

I love Fall and all the awesome colors of Fall! Wonderful projects! #SFSeptHop

KASSIE CULPEPPER said...

I LOVE BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES

Unknown said...

Love it! What is the dog (?) made from...I can't tell!

Unknown said...

Fall is such a beautiful season and you have done it justice. #SFSeptHop

Chasn Paper said...

I like the idea of the Notebook, and the color is fast becoming one of my favorites! The 3x3 cards are so cute! I've been making some this size myself.

Chasn Paper said...

Forgot to use #SFSeptHop, so here ya go!

P & I Crafters said...

Great idea for the notebook. #SFSepHop

Crystal said...

Love the 3x3 lunch box notes--such a great idea! I need to make some for my kids! Also think the paperclips are really cute! #SFSeptHop

Stampin and Scrappin with Steph said...

Oh my goodness definitely great minds Cindy!! Use a happy planner and well sadly hasn't crossed my mind to use stampin up
To Decorate it I love the project life thinlits and have just wonder if I'd ever use this um well now it's a yes

Unknown said...

You are so creative, love the journal and the notecards.#SFSeptHop

Sarah Biswabic said...

Your notebook and cards are so cute! #SFSeptHop

Lisa Bradford said...

Beautiful projhects! Have to try some of these! #sfsepthop

Desiree's Craftroom said...

Love all these ideas. #sfsepthop

tammejean said...

#SF Sept blog hop
This is so cute thanks for sharing

Mary jo wilson said...

Thanks for the cute ideas. Ur journal looks amazing. . #SFSeptHop

M said...

your paper clips are adorable!! :)

Melissa Thomas, Sea to Sea Stampin said...

The paper clips-- SO cute!!!!!!

Unknown said...

those paper clips are to die for!! #SeptBlogHop

www.thepapercrafttree.com said...

what a great idea for those clips! Thank you for a wonderful idea! - Kristal

Diane S. said...

What a fantastic idea for my project life collectioin. Thanks for the inspiration. #SFSEPTHOP

Barbara Welch said...

I love the paper clips and the set of cards is nice. Thanks for sharing.

Melaniestamps said...

Your journal is adorable! Very creative!

Unknown said...

Great projects! Especially the washi tape paper clips. :D

Sarah said...

love these, #SFNovHop