Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Finally,Time for Show and Tell

Hello everybody, I hope you are all having a great holiday season and trying to keep things in "Proper Perspective". Let Jesus be the reason for the season. I am enjoying this month. We have a few decorations up, not many, Miss Cadence Mari is the reason for that! The outside lights are up and my favorite remote control lighted tree. No ornaments. We are taking a few days to just get use to a tree in the living room. She has only tried to climb it once. Have I mentioned Miss Cadie is a climber. Takes after her Aunt Lee-Lee. Saturday, I was blessed to get together with my dearest friends, sisters in Christ, and cheap therapist to bake. And bake we did. We made chocolate peanut clusters, peanut butter cups, lemon squares, sugar cookies, sand tarts, more peanut butter cups, and divinity. It was a great day. I am blessed by these wonderful ladies. Carol, our chief organizer, was unable to be there. She gave each of us a note to open together- We are the proud "donaters" of a goat! We were all tickled, Carol purchased a goat through World Vision in honor of our little group. Hopefully next year we can add another farm animal. Lee-lee,our 18 year old daughter spent today volunteering at the Operation Shoebox Warehouse in Atlanta, Ga. She arrived home this evening, very tired but blessed to have had this opportunity to serve. She hopes to begin serving our country next year in the U.S. Coast Guard! Okay, thanks for tolerating my family news. I have some projects to share. This is a gift set I made for my friend,Carol. I made the 2A box from DSP with a chocolate chip bottom. The cards were made from the same DSP "Holiday Treasures". I really like this paper. I also used Riding Hood Red Old Olive, and Baja Blue. Let me know what you think. More later. "As you go by, as you go, share the love of Him who loves you so."

No comments: