Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Christmas is coming! WAIT!

Isn't is amazing how we know Christmas arrives on the same day every year and yet it seems to creep up on us at the last minute. Now I know it's Nov. 1st, but yesterday it was Oct. 1st! So it's time to get crackin'- no more putting off projects that need done or shopping or cleaning or baking...HALT! It's November! I want to enjoy this month. I want to prepare for Thanksgiving that little holiday between Halloween and Christmas that most often gets overlooked! I'm ready to cook that Halloween pumpkin into delicious pies, fry that turkey and give God thanks for my family around me, another year of health and all His many blessings.
Last week during the Stampin Friends Blog hop I showed y'all a cute little treat bag I was making or my Thanksgiving table. Today I want to give you a few more details.
supplies Kraft bags, DSP, Ribbon Gold clips,
scraps of cardstock in Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry, Cajun Crazy and Crushed Curry.

Take the Kraft bag(138315) and score it 1inch on each side and inch from the bottom.
Open the bag and work those score lines to form a bag with a flat bottom. You should end up with a small triangle piece on each side that you can just fold under and adhere to the bottom. I really made this out of left over pieces on my table. The DSP is from  Petals and Paisleys paper pack(142017), this strip was left over from cutting for the cards. It's about 2 inches wide or less. I just held one end to the front after folding the bag over and wrapped the piece around to the back. If there was left over I simply folded it forward. No adhesive was used. The tag was stamped on whisper white with Early Espresso ink and is held in place with the gold clip
(141673). Tie ribbon bow around clip(142021). Now the cute part- the turkey! I punched the body with the owl builder punch (118074) and trimmed off the feathers on top. Added the circles from the punch for the eyes in Whisper White and Early Espresso. The peak is a little piece from cutting out the dies for the tail feathers. Tail feathers! These were made cutting out several colors with the leaf-like die out of the Paisleys framelit dies(141849). Really easy and fun to make. I hope this motivates you to make some and enjoy sharing with your family, friends, co-workers, and maybe someone who just needs a bit of blessing in their lives.
Please take this month to be truly thankful for all the many blessings in your life. While each of us have trials to walk through- we can always find something to be thankful for each day.
If you need any of these supplies you can purchase them at my online store:
here. Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon!

No comments: