Saturday, May 5, 2018

Come join the parties!

Weekend fun! We are celebrating several birthdays and other events coming up as Tombo and I will be headed to the UK soon. Phew! But sometimes you need more than a card. We are not only celebrating birthdays, we have the end of the school year parties and celebrations like graduations and of course a couple weddings thrown in there also! I find myself looking for quick projects to add that special touch to these events. I recently did a whole birthday themed workshop where we made a card, treat holder and gift bag. I shared the card Thursday, today I want to share the treat holder and bag. While we did these for with a birthday theme- I'm thinking of redoing with a different Designer Series paper for Mother's day luncheon and teacher appreciation week at my grandkids schools. I'm a believer in the KISS principle. Keep It Simple Sister.
This card is a make and take we did last year before the 2017-2018 annual catalog  debuted with the cute Birthday Memories DSP! I love the nostalgic feeling of this paper. I used a different piece to wrap around the candy holder. I saw a wrapper like this on Pinterest and just tried to figure it out. The base is 2 x 11, scored at 1 1/4, 3 3/4, and 4 1/4. I punched both ends with the scalloped tag punch, turned the smallest scored piece forward and the other turn score lines away from me. The band is 2 x 6 scored at 1 1/2, 2, 4, 4 1/2,. I wrapped it around the base and adhered on the back with Snail adhesive. The circles on the front are punched with the 1 1/2 and 1 3/8 circle punches. I stamped the saying from
More than Chocolate (143689) and a small piece of candy in Early Espresso and Chocolate Chip. The nuggets are covered with 1 x 3 strips of paper an placed in a 2" x 8" cello bag.(141703).  This bag is tired with the 1/4" Stitched-Edge Ribbon( 144199) in Pacific PointI love the Balloon Honeycomb Embellishment (144124) for just a little extra. I recreated the same treat wrapper with the Cake Soiree DSP and Berry Burst cardstock. On this one, I used the 3/8" Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon (144151) and the cute little bow from the Mini Gift Bows pack (144127). This one looks like a great shower table favor or something for a Mother's day tea, very elegant.The Whisper White piece in the back can be stamped with a message or can be a place to write or sign your name. I just love making these. So cute and easy!
I hope you have enjoyed this project and will keep coming back for more. If you don't follow me on this blog, please click the follow button on the left of the screen. then you will be notified when I post. Again, thanks for coming by and hanging out for a bit. I hope you are well and a feeling the blessings of God. Have a great weekend and I'll see you next week. Come on back for a visit anytime.
                               LOVE STAMPING IN DIXIE.
                                           Cindy

No comments: