Saturday, September 18, 2010

I'm on a Roll!

Two days in a row, that hasn't happened in a while. While it is 90 something degrees outside, it is fall and Christmas is 98 days away. So, I'm sitting in my bathing suit creating Christmas cards. Sweet, wonderful Hubby had to go to the office today, so I am alone in the house which doesn't happen very often. I have been looking on the web at several different sites were stampers go to post there creative ideas and others can leave comments. I have some cards on these sites. The statistics tell you how many times your card has been viewed and marked as a favorite by some unknown stamper friend. What struck me today was how excited I got when someone let a small encouraging comment! What I also noticed was several cards that had been viewed alot of times and even placed in a number of "favorites", but no one let a single comment. It was a great reminder to me that I need to be an encourager for someone everyday! Just a kind word goes so far to lift another persons spirit or mood. Who do I encourage each day and who encourages me? Do I appreciate these people? DH and I live alone now. All the kids are "on their own", so Tombo is the person I try to really encourage everyday. He has a difficult job like many people, and doesn't necessarily get a lot of encouraging words at work, but I can change his mood fast when he comes home by just thanking him or encouraging him, his work is not in vain. Another great way for a stampaholic is to send CARDS! Don't you love to get snail mail that is happy? Whose day can you brighten this week by sending a great, made by you card?
The card I am sharing with you today is made out of Night of Navy and Sahara Sand, using the Come to Bethlehem stamp set. This is a great stamp set. It has everything you need for wonderful Christmas cards in this one set. I stamped the image in Night of Navy and sponged around the top note die with Cajun Craze and Daffodil Delight. The wording is in Night of Navy and punched out with the modern label punch and a little piece of ribbon added in the top corner. Simple, yet really striking I think. I hope you like it and it inspires you to create your own special Christmas card. If you need help just drop me an email. Now, be blessed and go bless someone else today.

No comments: