Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Passion 101

The Oxford American Dictionary defines passion as "strong emotion, great enthusiasm for something". The Bible says in Psalm 38:9 (NLT) "You know what I long for, Lord; you hear my every sigh." Why is this even important? We are often motivated by our passions, whatever they are. It is important to understand how our passions affect us and how we can use those passions to achieve all God has for us. In my part of the country people are passionate about Football! It dominates most conversations during the season. Much money is spend on tickets, tailgating, apparel, and a host of other stuff to support the team. People go crazy over football. I like football okay, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over a lost game, coach, or player. I tried to make a list of the things that really bring out strong emotions in me, good and bad. It really all boils down to relationships. My relationship with Jesus Christ, my personal Savior, my husband, my children, other family members, friends and even customers from my Stampin' Up! business are what motivate me the most and most often control my decisions. My business does allow me to focus on my other relationships. It offers me the flexibility to put first things first. I love to stamp! It is relaxing and invigorating at the same time. I really love to get comments on the cards I send and to know I touched someone else with a word of encouragement wrapped in a little card I made. I have been very blessed with new relationships and really good friends I would not have met if it hadn't been for my stamping business. For this I am very thankful. One of our Stamp sets that I love is named Inspired by Nature. I used it this week to create this card as a reminder to live each day with passion for the things that are truly important to me. This card is for you, my customers, family and friends. Thank you for your love and support for growing my business and blessing my life.

Supplies: cardstock Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, and Natural White Ink: Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Always, Artichoke, Chocolate Chip Stamp Set: Inspired by Nature Technique: sponging background, large flower stamped and then colored with Chocolate Chip marker

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love this! And I've been thinking a lot about this very subject lately! (Must be all of that football passion I have. :)) It is obvious that you are passionate about stamping and it shows in the beautiful projects that you do. Keep it up! :)

Renees Stampin Corner said...

Love it! Love the word of the week too! Hang in there!!