Friday, April 15, 2011

Color!

I love color! Most people who know me might laugh at this statement since 90% of my clothing is black, which is one of my favorite colors. I love red and blue and purple, I have even learned to love green which is amazing, after a bad childhood experience with a green and gold bedroom, I didn't think I'd ever like the color green. Now, Old Olive is one of my favs and I even painted my living room Olivine!!! All this brings me to one of my favorite things about Stampin' Up! The fact I can purchase ink, paper, markers, crayons, chalks and other embellishments like ribbon and stuff all in the same color and coordinating colors makes designing cards and scrapbook pages a breeze. I also love how companies name colors- we have Real Red, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie to name a few...One of my favorites lately is Rich Razzleberry. It just makes a great transition from Winter to Spring. The cards I have to show today, I made for a friend of mine Karen. She has a blog My Points in Time. It is really fun to read, she is an budding author and has a different perspective on life in general. She is doing blog candy this week to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of her blog, so hop over there and take a look, leave a comment, sign up to follow her blog or mine or both and get extra entries. The purse is very simple and made out of one piece of cardstock. The cards are similar to a one sheet wonder were I just used pieces of DSP to embellish each card. I think yall will like this set. Have a great weekend and go bless someone today.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Thank you for supporting Karen! Can't wait to see the cards you made for her!

Marie Thompson

Karen said...

Cindy makes the most beautiful cards and the winner tonight is VERY VERY lucky! :) Check out her cards often because they can't help but make you smile! :)

Meg said...

Hey Cindy! I won, I won! I was hoping so for I have joined your blogspot and was excited to see all you have. So just know I hope to be back often. Thank you for the gift for Karen's blog. Without you, I wouldn't have the cards! Have a happy week, Peggy Griffin (Meg)