Thursday, May 14, 2009

Surprised!

Hey, Hope y'all are having a great day. It was beautiful here in Dixieland- bright and sunny, not too hot. We enjoyed being outside a good part of the day. I love all the trees and flowers blooming pretty colors. Just like this DSP everything is "sproutin"! This card is one we made in my hostess club this month. Simple, Simple, Simple. The base is a piece of 5.5 x 4.25 basic gray cardstock with a 5.25 x 8 piece of whisper white that is actually the card adhered on top. Then, I added a piece of DSP, gray taffeta ribbon and the elegant thank you from the Under 10.00 page in the catalog. the thank you is punched out with the scallop square punch. then to get the layer behind it, I actually cut 2 scallops, cut them in half, and layered them around the 4 sides. Pretty neat, huh? My upline Angie, showed my that trick. Anyway, you are probably wondering so why is the title of this post "Surprised"? Well, I made a deal with my hostess club ladies, if they can not attend a club meeting but they turn their order in on time, I make their projects for them. Last night while making the cards I needed for the absentees this month, I realized I was out of this beautiful piece of DSP from Walk in the Park. I already had the gray backgrounds cut, so I'm searching around the craft room for another piece of paper and I turn over this scrap and got WOW! I think this will look great. So some of my southern belles are getting this card instead. They will be surprised, but really I was surprised at how much I liked this combination. I hope you like it too. Don't forget to order you 3 packs of DSP before the 31st and you can get a 4th pack FREE. This piece of paper is from the pack called Urban Garden and the layered scallop is Kiwi Kiss. Gotta run. Have a blessed day and bless somebody else and you know- You'll get blessed!

No comments: