Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wedding Season

Spring is in the air, in our neck of the woods this week that means rain. Now I'm not complaining because the last few years we have had problems with not enough rain. But some places got 11 inches today and there are a lot of roads closed and people's homes flooded. We live on a ridge, if we get flooded everyone needs a boat! Anyway, back to spring, especially in the south means, "Get out your calenders there are weddings to attend!" We already have 5 on the calender and two are the same day and same time only 200 miles apart. Here is the card I made for one of these weddings. I think this is a great card. My upline Angie demoed it at her Big Shot Club Class. Since then I have seen it on several blogs- all that to say "it ain't my idea" but I think it is beautiful whoever came up with it. On this one I used Night of Navy cardstock and vellum. The vellum was run through the Big Shot with the Manhattan embossing plate( item #114517). I cut around the flowers at the top and used snail adhesive to stick it down along the side. The Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon hides the snail. I used the Cherish stamp out of "Warm Words" (item #115108) and embossed it with white embossing powder and viola - a really cool wedding card in a jiffy. Speaking of weddings a must read, I mean, MUST read, especially if you are the mother of a daughter in the south, is Gayden Metcalfe and Charlotte Hays book, Somebody is Going to Die If Lilly Beth Doesn't Catch that Bouquet : The Official Southern Ladies' Guide to Hosting the Perfect Wedding. It is so funny and so true! Welcome to spring ladies- now go bless someones socks off!

No comments: