Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

Well, today is the last day of 2011. I hope it has been a blessed year for you. God has been with us through some really great times this year and through some difficult ones as well, but in the end God is Good all the time! We have been blessed and are thankful. I thought I'd share a favorite recipe of the holiday season with you today. We love these Graham Cracker Pecan cookies. I only make them at Christmas because the are very rich. Pecans just scream Christmas to me!! OK here is the recipe: 1 1/2 pkg of graham crackers, 1 stick of butter and 1 stick of margarine, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans. Layer the graham crackers on a jelly roll pan. In a sauce pan add the butter and sugar and bring to a good boil. Boil for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Pour over graham crackers and spread evenly, Sprinkle pecan pieces on top. Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes. Break apart and cool on wire rack. So easy and so good!!!! Enjoy. I wish you all a very Blessed New Year.

No comments: