Thursday, April 19, 2018

Stampin Friends It's all about Spring Blog Hop!

Welcome to the April Stampin' Friends Blog Hop. Hope you are enjoying hopping along with us seeing all the spring ideas we have to share with you today. I have to say it doesn't feel very spring-like in Dixieland this week. It's cold! Well, cold for us. I'm wearing a sweater today! In April! But it will be 80 degrees again tomorrow. Go figure!
I know some of you are thinking spring flowers, weddings, maybe flying kits. In Dixieland it's all about college letters, the which athlete is signing for YOUR school, graduations, and reunions. Yes, throw a few weddings and showers in the mix and it's a busy time of the year. I was asked by a sweet friend to make her some special cards for her college reunion next weekend, luckily Dapper Denim and Peekaboo Peach are still around. They are prettier than just Blue and Orange!I love these cards! Awesome fun folds I learned from Donna Griffith and France Martin. 

The top piece is a 3 1/2 inch square card attached to the right 1 1/2 " panel. Then it opens again to reveal the inside. I love this girl! The "Remember when" stamp is from an old set, but was perfect for this event.
On the inside, I used the tree stamp and banner from a retiring set In the Trees (145850). I was a little sad to see this one go so soon.
I didn't have anything with Old on it. We wanted these cards to honor years of friendship, so I took the Hold on to hope stamp and just inked up the OLD! It worked perfectly. The rest of that saying is from the Waterfront stamp set. Watercolored the trees and sky with an aqua painter.



The 4-panel card is very similar using most of the same stamps, but adding a few current, retiring and retired ones! can you see the little girl from Birthday Delivery? I just love this stamp. Very sad to see it leave!

My final project is a simple lunch bag I covered with Designer series paper. I saw Ronda Wade do this on Facebook and thought it would be perfect to give someone with some treats inside. I cut the bag down to 9 inches. Cut a piece of DSP to cover the front, then another piece I same width but left it 12" long so I had a 3" piece to turn down over the top. it really is that simple. I tied a bow with white bakers twine, wrapped it around the top several times and added a tag.
the tag used the Lovely Inside and Out stamp set that is also retiring! RIP! I used a gold binder clips to attach it to the bag.(These are going too!)

I hope you are inspired by at least one of these projects. They were a lot of fun to create. Please be sure to leave a comment and let me know you were here. Keep on hopping- I'm sure you will enjoy each blog and be inspired to get stamping for spring events. Be blessed and be a blessing.
Love Stamping in Dixie, Cindy

I almost forgot! We have a winner from last months Stamparatus give-away! The lucky winner was...


8 comments:

Lynn Streifert said...

how fabulous! thanks for sharing, I love your 4 pocket card!!

Kirsteen said...

Cute projects. Thanks for sharing

Stampin and Scrappin with Steph said...

Wonderful projects the cards are so fun!

Sue Vine - MissPinksCraftSpot said...

Love that Fun Fold Card, and the matching treat bag makes a perfect set!

Sandra Mastello said...

Love the card, perfect for a reunion!

Katja said...

I love your fun fold card. It's really fun!! Thank you for sharing your projects with us.

Barbara Welch said...

I love the covered lunch bag and tag. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Love it!