Saturday, September 13, 2008

Another Memorial Day for me

Tomorrow, Sept. 14, 2008 would be my only sister's 48th birthday. Peggy died in 1991 of lung cancer. She was 30 years old. I have really missed her today, I guess just thinking about tomorrow being her birthday, we were
only 22 months apart. She was a very special lady and everyone who knew her well loved her and admired her. I hate my children hardly remember her. They were very young when she finished her journey here. She loved birthday celebrations. She was great to send cards and KEPT every card anyone sent her. She had boxes of cards, letters, even notes. She passed away before the internet age erupted. I don't believe she would have liked email as much as a handwritten note. So, in honor of her birthday I have made some cards for our mother. I plan to give them to her tomorrow after church. They are both done in Brocade Blue and Night of Navy, one has Whisper White and the other Bashful Blue layers. I used Night of Navy ink and white grosgrain ribbon on both cards. The stamps sets are Upsy Dasiy and Pocket Silhouettes. I am really loving both of these sets. Both of these sets are new and on SALE for 15% off. check out my Stampin Up website for more details. You can even order online now 24/7! Have a blessed day tomorrow.

No comments: