Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dog Days of Summer

Hi y'all . I hope everyone is doing fine. I am amazed at how beautiful the weather has been this August. Here in Dixie August is usually a really miserable month. Hot, Humid, Hot, Humid, did I say HOT? Well, this August has been very pleasant, almost fall-like which is just weird for us. We normally swim in our pool a lot in August. The water has actually been a little chilly this month! Well, all that to say I am getting in the mood for fall. School has started already and I'm ready for the next season to follow. Actually it's only like a 120 days til Christmas! Let me get back to the next holiday. Halloween is not one of those days we really get all excited about. However, with grandbabies running around and fall Festivals getting ready to abound I included a couple of Halloween cards in this months Stamp a Stack. I hope you like them. I think they are really cute! The base of this cards is Whisper White cardstock. The next layer is Only Orange cardstock that was crumbled, then straightened and ink to paper technique done with basic black ink. The spider is made with the scallop punch and the photo corners punch using black and lovely lavender cardstock. The sentiment Happy Halloween is from Tiny Teeny Wishes, a great set to have. It is punched with the window punch and layered on the modern label punch. This is really a quick and simple card.
Up coming Events for September
9-3 is my next Stamp a Stack featuring birthday cards.
9-5 is the monthly PMS creative therapy session.
9-11 I will be hosting a free Cards for the Troops event
9-15 hostess club
9-25 C3PO's scrap booking club meeting and
9-29 Gift Stamp Camp
Please call or drop me an email if you are interested in any of the upcoming events. RSVP deadline for the first week of September is August 31st.
Gotta Run. Have a blessed day and be a blessing to someone along your way and you'll both be blessed!

No comments: