Thursday, March 29, 2012

Technique A Week

Hi Stampers,
I am adding a new addition to my blog, "Technique a Week". I am going to be featuring a new stamping technique each week. The birthday card I shared on my last post is an example of Spotlighting. It is a simple technique. First, you stamp your image on the cardstock you plan onusing as a layer and then again on a small piece of cardstock the same color. Using a punch, punch out the area to be spotlighted. This smallpiece will be colored in with markers, watercolor crayons, pencils, blender pens, whatever you want. Next, punch out a second piece the same shape but a little bigger for layering. Adhere these two pieces, then layer them on the card over the design matching the borders as much as possible. This technique can also be done in reverse. In the reverse the "spotlighted piece" would be left not colored and the larger piece would be colored. I hope this new feature will be helpful to yall in your paper crafting. Have a great day and be blessed.

No comments: