Thursday, April 12, 2012

I just thought I was busy last week!

Well, the week before the wedding I thought I was really busy. You know, running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. If you're not from the country and haven't seen this event, it is really gross and yes, the head-less chicken runs around like crazy. I was mistaken! Last week was nothing compared to this week with a 5yr old and 1 yr. old staying with us, 24/7! I am not only busy, but exhausted and tired of answering unanswerable questions, like" why is the cat looking at me?". Needless to say my house is not clean, the laundry is not done and the blog as not been updated! Today should be a technique day, but if y'all will forgive me I'll try to get back on track next week. How about some wedding stuff I promised?
Jen's colors were shades of purple. We decided Perfect Plum was the best match and Elegant Eggplant was a good monochromatic combo. This picture is of the invitation closed. I stamped the front area with the flourish from Elements of Style in Perfect Plum. The small
embellishment on top is layered with Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum and Whisper White. The white piece was embossed with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder and then lightly sponged with Perfect Plum ink. The top flap was punched with the pinking heart border punch. I was very pleased at how these turned out. Oh, you can't see it, but the white piece was also sprayed with a mixture of white glimmer paint and alcohol for a nice little shine.
The open invitation is a little surprise. I cut the card stock 4.25 x 11, then cut one piece in half at 5.5 and layered it over the first piece to give it added length. This gave me room for the invitation, the RSVP info, and driving directions to the venue. I did some random stamping inside with the same flourish and a small flower from the Barque Motif stamp set. I also punched the down flap with the pinking heart punch. These were a labor of love and I enjoyed making them, I forgot to take a picture of the envelopes which were stamped with the same flourish and the flaps embossed with the same Elegant Bouquet embossing folder. I have to admit that good ole Tombo ran all the envelopes through the Big Shot for me. He is such a big help. Okay that's enough for today. I'll share more next time. Have a very blessed day and be a blessing to someone else.

1 comment:

Chasn Paper said...

Beautiful invitations Cindy! You made how many?!!