Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Technique A Week" Day

Hey Ladies, Hope you are all doing well. I am fine. It has been a great week. Busy, but still relaxing some. I have seen grand-babies, but not kept them all week as usual, a little mini vacation for me! So lets get to stamping stuff. I am showing yall a card today that is one of my favorites!. I love this stamp set and am really sad to say it is on the retiring list. It is a great set. Only in wood and double mounted, but I love it. It's called Inspired by Nature #111656 price is 23.95. The set contains 4 stamps. I made this card for a workshop where I was demonstrating watercolor techniques. The base cardstock is Regal Rose and the layer is Natural White. It is a heavier paper that Whisper White and handles the watercolor technique better. I stamped the tall grass in Pear Pizzazz first, then inked my flower stamp with markers: Pear Pizzazz, Regal Rose, Rose Red and Daffodil Delight. After the stamp was inked up, I lightly spritzed it with water, then stamped it over the grass. The water just wets it enough to give that water-colored look. And that's all there is to it. Easy Peasy! But gives a very dramatic effect. So if you don't have this stamp set in your collection don't mess around, it will be gone May 31st. Tomorrow I'll show you another card using the same set that looks totally different. Until then, God bless yall and go be a blessing to someone else today.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I loved making the water color card. Can't wait to share it with a friend.