Monday, March 16, 2009

Another Happy Birthday

Good Morning. It's Monday, it's raining, the babies ( really they're toddlers now) are energetic, and I'm pooped. We ran, literally, down to Panama City Saturday morning for Granny's, aka Tommy's mom, Mary Waldroff, 75th birthday party. It was a very nice affair at Captain Anderson's on the beach in P.C. All 6 children, their 5 spouses, 14 of the 16 grandchildren and all 4 great grand kids were there. Cadie and Kelli, our grand girls made the trip with us along with our daughter, Jennifer. We were there less than 24 hrs. Our son Josh and his girlfriend Dusti were even able to make it. It was something to have us all together. That has not happened since Cadie has been born. ON to stamping news, I made these really pretty cards for Granny, if I don't say so myself. The base is chocolate chip, with DSP candylane, pink pirouette, and whisper white. The ink is brown, the stamp is is one of my new favorites called Fifth Avenue Floral (p.106). The large flower I stamped on pink pirouette colored it with red rose watercolor crayon and blended it with an aqua painter. Then I separated the cardstock. It gives the flower a airy feel. My wonderful mentor, Angie Brasilford, showed this technique at her stamp camp last weekend. I was really happy with the cards. The picture is not great, I'm still working on that detail! Another big deal has just been annouced by Stampin Up! The demo kit at 169.00 til the end of March can be purchased on a 3 easy payment installment plan. Email me for details. Have a great day and Bless somebody, you'll feel better.

No comments: