Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Outside the Paper Pumpkin Box!

 Hello, Y'all! Hope everyone is good. We are fine but extremely busy for some reason. Today I want to talk a little about Paper Pumpkin.  If you have been following me at all for any time you will have a clue what I'm talking about. So newbie's this is for you! Paper Pumpkin is a monthly subscription from Stampin Up! It's really like a little crafting afternoon in a box ( a pretty little box). Each month you receive a box with all the supplies you need to create preplanned projects. You can find out ahead of time just what kind of projects, like cards, home decor, seasonal treat wrappers, that sort of thing, and we usually get a little sneak peek at the design concept. but that's all. It is a surprise. It is a great way to collect a small number of supplies, spend a controlled amount of money, and enjoy creating some beautiful projects. You can try paper pumpkin with a 1-month, 3 months, 6 months purchase or you can purchase 12 months at a time. (I'll tell you the advantage to that in a minute.) You can also subscribe and just pay monthly, no contract, cancel anytime and it's very easy to do.

I shared in my Facebook group[ Stamping in Dixie Girls, some projects I have created with the Paper Pumpkin box, but using the supplies in a different way than instructed. I think this is one of the most fun exercises I do. Take the pieces and parts and create my own card. I usually scour Pinterest to see what other crafters have done and often use their cards as inspiration for mine. The card I want to show you today is one of those cards. I have done this many times-use the envelope as a part of the project. The envelopes are often beautiful and make great layers. Also, you can make more cards if you sacrifice a card and/or an envelope. To make this card I cut one of the envelopes down on both sides to make it 5.5 x 4.25 inches. I stamped on the front piece of the Poppy Parade envelope with Poppy parade ink. The mailbox is a printed layer from the kit. I stamped the Poppy Parade small hearts and flowers on this layer also. Then stamped the cute little snail from the stamp set that accompanies the kit along with the sentiment on a pre-cut label. I colored the snail with Poppy Parade and Petal Pink Blends and added a tiny knot using the Black ribbon in the kit. Here is a picture of the back of the card. I used Stampin seal to attach the envelope flap to a piece of 5.5 x 4.25  thick white cardstock creating an extra card.

With the back flap of the envelope, I cut heart layers using the scallop heart punch from the heart punch pack. These were used on other samples.
Finally, here is a picture of the inside of the card. The inside was stamped again with the small confetti hearts and the XOXO stamp that comes in the Paper Pumpkin kit. This is a great benefit of the Paper Pumpkin -you receive each month a small stamp set, coordinating ink spot, and always extra materials to use on other projects. Here is a link to sign up for the monthly subscription.

The secret I wanted to share is if you purchase a 12-month prepaid subscription to Paper Pumpkin the cost is 220. oo.  You buy 11 and get 1 free. However, by doing that in February you also get to take advantage of  Saleabration. You will get to choose (4) 50.00 Saleabration items or the (2 )100.00 Saleabration items or a combination and you will receive 22.00 in free product as the hostess of your own workshop. Have a friend or family member join you and your free product amount goes up!  

Well, thank you for stopping by. I always enjoy sharing Stampin' Up with other crafters. I hope you have enjoyed this card and will look at your supplies outside the box.  I will link the extra supplies I used for this card below. See you next time. Be blessed and be a blessing.  Love, Cindy

Product List
<

No comments: