Thursday, February 4, 2021

Understanding my obsession with the Sand and Sea Suite!

 Hey y'all!  Happy Thursday, I hope you are well, warm, and dry! I am great here at Stamping in Dixie! It is a rather cold day for Alabama, but the sun is shining. My next favorite place to be, besides a cruise ship, is probably the beach! My parents took us to the beach often, my St. Tommy lived 27 years blocks from the bay in PC, Fl. We met at the University of West Fla in P'cola and had many dates at the beach! So, this may help you understand my obsession with the Sand and Sea suite in the J-J 2021 Mini Catalog ( it's on page 40, just in case you are living under a rock). The Bundle (Stamp set and dies), the embossing folder, the Opal rounds, and Pearlescent Specialty paper are all amazing. I know I have already shared a couple of cards, but I have more! I really can't get enough of this suite.                               

What do you think about this card?  I made this using a technique called Black Ice. I took a piece of silver foil cardstock, streaked it with a Jet Black Stazon ink pad, and then stamped the shell images also with black Stazon. After giving it time to dry, I ran my Versamark pad over the whole surface very lightly and added clear embossing powder to the whole card layer. Next, using the heat gun I embossed the foil layer. After it cooled briefly, I cut this piece out using the large die and the CandE M. Finally, I ran it back through the CandE M with the 3-D embossing folder. It looks amazing!  It is layered on a card base of Basic Black with a 4 x 5.25 layer of Sahara Sand. There is a piece of mesh ribbon wrapped across the front and adhered to the back of the Sahara Sand layer. The sentiment is stamped on a piece of Pearlescent paper and punched out with the new Double Oval Punch. It is adhered with Stampin' Dimensional. Finally, I placed some star embellishments around the card to add a little bling! Again, inside says, "Love you to the beach and back," I think this will be one of my favorite cards for a long time.

 The second sample, we made in my hostess club this week. The background is Shimmery White sponged with Crumb cake, Pretty Peacock, Just Jade, and Pool Party ink using the new blender brushes. The die layer is Vellum, cut with the large shell die and embossed with the 3-D embossing folder. The vellum was lightly sponged to give the embossed image some definition. The Sandollar and Starfish images were stamped then die cut. There is an 8-inch piece of Just Jade 1/4" ribbon looped behind the sand dollar with a glue dot. Also, a 6-inch piece of gold Trim from the Forever Greenery combo pack in the annual catalog was added to the back of the sand dollar. The starfish were adhered with glue dots onto the card front, and the Sandollar with the ribbon behind it was popped up on dimensionals. Finally, the Happy Birthday was stamped on a 1/2 inch of white cardstock and punched using the lovely layer pick a  punch, then layered on a 3/4 inch piece of  Pretty Peacock. Who wouldn't want to get this card for their birthday? I will add a list of all the products under this post. I hope you are enjoying these cards as much as I am. If you have a question or need some help give me a shout out. I'm here to help with all your paper crafting needs. Have a great weekend. I'll be back next week with more ideas and inspiration! Be Blessed and be a blessing to those around you. Love, Cindy



Product List
Product List

No comments: