Friday, October 20, 2017

Getting unstuck.

Good morning friends! I hope today is going to be a great day for you. I am busy! Today I head up to Smith Lake with a group of my sweet customers, i.e. friends, for a weekend of scrapbooking, stamping and all kinds of fun. As usual, for all those who know and love me know, I am not ready! But getting there. So this will have to be short this morning.
I have had several incidents lately when I needed to come up with a project for something- a blog hop, a co-op project, a tutorial, a class and have felt stuck. Just no Mojo! Arrrgg, what to do. Well, my first go to solution especially for cards is a card sketch. I have a couple that are my favorite and if I start there I can usually end up with something I really like that may or may not like like the sketch, but gets my creative juices flowing. Here are some examples you have seen before.


These all started with the same sketch. It's a pretty easy one and I really like the outcome.


So here are the dimensions:
Cardbase is 4.25 x 5.5 closed,
First layer is 4 x 5.25,
DSP is 2 x 4, cardstock behind DSP is 2 1/4 x 4 1/4.
The top piece where I stamped the sayings varies greatly depending on your verbiage. The Thankful card is  colored CS 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 with the neutral piece being 2 x 3. The Christmas and Birthday ones are more square and on the fishy card I used a circle punch and banner. So you see these all started with the same idea but changed. Hope this tip is helpful when you are feeling stuck and can't find a place to start your next card. I'm off to the lake for some fun! Have a great weekend. God bless and I'll see ya soon!
                                           Love stamping in Dixie,
                                                 Cindy


No comments: