Thursday, October 5, 2017

Momma's ESL Class is going to stamp!

My Momma -Billie Richmond
So, today is a very busy day. My 83 year old Mother teaches ESL at her church. She has done this for several years. I have in the past done small group stamping projects for her students, some of whom speak very little English. So they started doing a craft event once a month after class. Mother came to me and ask if I'd like to help her do some stamping projects for her turn to teach the class. "Sure Mom, I'd be happy to help."  Help is the the operative word here. She tells me this week, "We had 40 that stayed last month to paint rocks. You better plan for that many." WHAT???? So yesterday I spent all day getting three projects ready for possibly 40 non- English speaking students to make. Well, I did pull out some retired DSP and came up with a couple really cute designs for candy wrappers. I then designed a really nice bookmark that also has two different designs and a fall card that can be birthday, thank you or thinking of you. You guessed it. I sat at my crafting table all day! Momma did come over about noon and stayed for an hour I think. She cut the inside layer for me. I'll share the projects later. Pray for me today!
Little change of subject, but thank you to all of you who joined my newsletter/email group. I hope you enjoyed your first tutorial for the 12 Weeks of Christmas. I'm excited about all the projects I have planned. So, if you still haven't signed up for my email list I'd love to be able to send you week 2 next week.  Better run or I'll be late. Be blessed friends and go be a blessing to someone else. If I can help you with your stamping projects please let me know, I'm only a click away!

                                Love Stamping in Dixie,
                                              Cindy

No comments: